The Cheshire West and Chester Safeguarding Children Partnership (SCP) runs multi-agency training for all partners.
To book please follow the links below.
Please note there is a charge for individuals/organisations & service areas that do not contribute financially to the Partnership.
Please refer to the Charging Policy below.
If you have already registered and wish to log in to the Training Portal please go via: Cheshire West SCP Portal Log In
All of our virtual training utilises Microsoft Teams.
Our live training system is designed to be as reliable as possible and work across a wide range of devices. However, live webcasting relies on a lot of things outside of our control. Although we’ll always do our best we cannot accept liability if this service is unavailable.
Having difficulties viewing the training? Our top tips to try:
- If you have another device, try that as well.
- Restart your computer and internet router.
- Clear your web browser’s “browsing data”, including history, cookies and cache
- Try using a different web browser. Chrome or Firefox are best, Edge and Safari are good too. Most Internet Explorer versions are no longer supported by Microsoft (and Adobe has ended support for Flash player), so we only now support IE11.
- If you’re using wireless/wifi, try plugging your computer into your internet router using a cable, if you can.
- If you can’t hear anything make sure your speakers are turned on and turned up. Try listening to something else just to check.
Briefings, workshops, and conferences
- FREE SCP Bitesize Briefing – Learning from Safeguarding Audits and Case Reviews
- Free Thematic Review Lunch and Learn
- Responding to Sexual violence in Cheshire West and Chester – Virtual Delivery
- Domestic Abuse – Disabilities – Virtual Delivery
- Introduction to Child Exploitation (E-Learning)
- Domestic Abuse – Foundation
- Domestic Abuse Foundation – Face-to-Face – Free
- Safeguarding Children Basic Awareness Face to Face
- Safeguarding Children Basic Awareness – Virtual Delivery
- Controlling and Coercing, Stalking and Harassing – free
- Domestic Abuse and Mental Health – free
- Fabricated and Induced Illness – face-to-face
- Contextual Safeguarding and Child Exploitation 2.5 hours Face to Face
- L3 Contextual Safeguarding and Exploitation
- Level 3 Complex Trio
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children and Mental Health – face-to-face training
- Level 3 Safeguarding Under Ones – face-to-face training
- Neglect- Nature, Prevalence and Long Term Impact
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities – Full day – Face to Face
- Working Together to Safeguard Children One Day
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Refresher
- Working Together to Safeguard Children – One day – Virtual delivery – (CWAC SCP)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children – Refresher – virtual delivery
As a result of CV-19 our face to face training has been stopped. We are working hard to provide professionals with a range of e-learning and virtual training sessions in the interim. We are prioritising our Working Together and Domestic Abuse courses so please check back regularly on the Level 2 and Level 3 links below for updates.
Charges and cancellations
Please refer to this before making bookings.
For any cancellations or queries please contact Chrissy, the SCP Training and Development Administrator on email@example.com
How to book onto a course for new users
- Click on the course that you want then it will present you with a list of dates – click on book for the date that you want.
- Click on I am a new customer and register and continue, it will prompt you to complete your details. You must have your own individual user name and email address. You can use a shared email address but you must create your own individual user name and password.
- Once you are in the basket you can only register and book 1 delegate at a time (even though it gives the options for more, it will not work).
- For invoice details if you are part of the Council you will need to enter your budget code. If you are external you will need to put your invoice address.
- Our Charging Policy will tell you whether you have to pay for the course or not.
For people trying to book multiple delegates as stated above you may use the same email address for a number of delegates but each delegate must have their own user name and password and you can only book one place at a time.
If you have already registered
- Click on the course that you want as above and click on the date you want to book.
- Click on I have an existing account and enter your username and password and click on login and continue.
- If you have forgotten your username and password click on I have forgotten my password and enter your email address.
Register without booking a course
You can register for the training system without booking a course.
The SCP Learning & Development Strategy outlines the partnerships strategic vision and priorities
around training. This strategy sits alongside the SCP Business Plan and aims to support its achievement.
- LSCB Learning and Development Strategy 2020-21 – Under review
Quality Assurance Standards for Training
Private Safeguarding Training Sessions
The SCP offer training in Basic Awareness Safeguarding Children to private agencies/organisations. These can be delivered in the daytime or evening sessions at your convenience. The sessions last 3 hours and content can be adapted to meet the needs of your organisation.
To discuss your requirements please contact the SCP Training & Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools & Educational Settings Training
Join our training pool
Our training is delivered by experienced professionals from a number of partner organisations. If you are interested in becoming part of the training pool and feel you meet the requirements as described in the person specification below then please contact the SCP Training & Development Officer at email@example.com