The Cheshire West and Chester Safeguarding Children Partnership (SCP) runs multi-agency training for all partners. To Book please follow the links below. Please note there may be a charge for some individuals/agencies. Please refer to the Charging Policy.
Charges and cancellations
For any cancellations or queries please contact the LSCB Training and Development Administrator on email@example.com
How to book onto a course for new users
- Click on the course that you want then it will present you with a list of dates – click on book for the date that you want.
- Click on I am a new customer and register and continue, it will prompt you to complete your details. You must have your own individual user name and email address. You can use a shared email address but you must create your own individual user name and password.
- Once you are in the basket you can only register and book 1 delegate at a time (even though it gives the options for more, it will not work).
- For invoice details if you are part of the Council you will need to enter your budget code. If you are external you will need to put your invoice address.
- Our Charging Policy will tell you whether you have to pay for the course or not.
For people trying to book multiple delegates as stated above you may use the same email address for a number of delegates but each delegate must have their own user name and password and you can only book one place at a time.
If you have already registered
- Click on the course that you want as above and click on the date you want to book.
- Click on I have an existing account and enter your username and password and click on login and continue.
- If you have forgotten your username and password click on I have forgotten my password and enter your email address.
Register without booking a course
You can register for the training system without booking a course.
If you have already registered and wish to log in to the Training Portal please go via: Cheshire West SCP Portal Log In
Briefings, workshops, and conferences
- Anti-stalking workshop
- Child Protection Conference and Child in Care Practice Standards
- Learning from Local and National Care Reviews
- SCP Annual Conference
- Managing Allegations against Adults (LADO)
- Multi-Agency Assessment Toolkit Workshop
- Sexual Assault Services in Cheshire West and Chester workshop
- ICON Ambassador training
- Child Protection, Children in Care and SMART Planning Workshop
- Complex Trio (Domestic Abuse/Mental Health/Substance Misuse)
- Fabricated and induced illness
- Harmful Practices (covering female genital mutilation, forced marriage and honour based abuse)
- Keeping Children Safe Online (CEOPs)
- Managing Neglect and The Graded Care Profile
- Safeguarding Children From Domestic Abuse
- Sexual Abuse and Harmful Behaviour in Children and Young People
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Refresher
- Working Together to Safeguard Children One Day Course
- Working with Children who Self-Harm
The SCP Learning & Development Strategy outlines the partnerships strategic vision and priorities
around training for the next 3 years. This strategy sits alongside the SCP Business Plan and aims to support its achievement.
Quality Assurance Standards for Training
Private Safeguarding Training Sessions
The SCP offer training in Basic Awareness Safeguarding Children to private agencies/organisations. These can be delivered in the daytime or evening sessions at your convenience. The sessions last 3 hours and content can be adapted to meet the needs of your organisation.
To discuss your requirements please contact the SCP Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools & Educational Settings Training
Join our training pool
Our training is delivered by experienced professionals from a number of partner organisations. If you are interested in becoming part of the training pool and feel you meet the requirements as described in the person specification below then please contact the SCP Business Manager at email@example.com